September 21st, 2016
How To Get Your Business On Google Maps - Gold Crown Media
(Google My Business)
Small and medium sized business owners are so busy with the ins-and-outs of running their businesses that an overwhelming number of them miss a crucial component to their success – getting their businesses to appear on Google Maps. Appearing on Google maps adds huge benefits to the business:
- When a customer searches Google for a specific type of business in their area, a list of those types of those businesses appear in the search results
- Having an active Google My Business account improves the businesses Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Show customers actionable information about a business – hours of operation, phone number, and directions
- Customize and display photos of the business so can see what makes a business unique
- Happy customers will be able to leave rave reviews about a business bolstering that businesses reputation and legitimacy
How To Get Listed on Google My Business in 4 Easy Steps:
Create a Google Account
- Visit Google.com or Gmail.com to create a Google account and a Gmail email address. If you already have an email address with Google (gmail.com), log in to your account
- Visit Google My Business and click the ‘Start Now’ button. If you’re not sure whether or not your business is already listed on Google My Business, search for it by name and address in the search field. If your business appears, click the checkbox “I am authorized to manage this business and I agree to the Terms of Service and continue.
If your business does not appear, click ‘None of these match – Add your business’ if there is a list of businesses that are not yours, or ‘I’ve correctly entered the name and address – Let me enter the full business details’ and enter in the following details.
- Verify Your Location
For security purposes, Google will ask you to verify that you are indeed the owner of the businesses location. The easiest way is to allow them to send you a postcard with a verification code with instructions on where to go to enter it. The postcard typically takes 1-2 weeks to arrive.
- Design Your Listing
Upload your logo, change your cover image, secure a custom URL, ensure that all of your business and contact information is accurate, and add other images in, of, and about your business. Take it a step further and start adding other people and businesses in your ‘Circles’ and discover communities that are relevant to you and your businesses interests.
That’s all it takes to add a business to Google Maps and Google My Business. It’s quick, easy, and rewarding to get started, so don’t delay!
Gold Crown Media is the most trusted social media software. Specialization includes Social Media Marketing, Loyalty Cards, Social Promotions, Facebook Contests, Reputation Management, Text Message Marketing and more. Visit us at www.goldcrownmedia.com